What is a Scenario?
A scenario has a protagonist, a setting, and a goal.
What is a Story?
A story has a protagonist, a setting, and a plot.
So, a scenario is a story with a setting, a goal/plot, and a protagonist.
Traditionally, there are two story types:
Plot Driven and Character Driven.
In a plot driven story, the plot drives the development of the story. The characters are merely participants of the story. However, in a character driven story, the character is the center of the story and the plot develops around the central character.
User Scenario - Character Driven Story
- Writer's Attitude Toward Model User
- Focus on character development rather than action.
- Be aware of the motivation behind character's reaction.
- Definition of a Character
- Drives story development. Not a product of the plot. Not a participant.
- Writing a Rounded Character
- Describe in greater details:
physiology, psychology, sociology
inner needs and goals, motivation